Combining the very best aspects of strength and silence, the Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan can produce whole room cooling for any number of medium to large sized rooms. This whole room fan includes QuietSet speeds that range from sleep to power cool (5 speeds in total). These speeds can be accessed via Easy Touch Controls on a control panel that automatically dims after 15 seconds of use. The sum of these two features allows for seamless nighttime operation. The slim design of this tower fan paired with its white finish opens a wealth of installation settings. The Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan's inclusion of 5 speed settings and accessibility via touch controls (remote control included) make it a natural addition for any number of rooms in the home setting.
How do I assemble my QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan?
- Remove 2 thumb screws from the base and set aside. Align the front and back base pieces and gently push until pieces snap securely together
Securing the tower fan to the base:
- At the base of the housing, remove the locking nut and set aside.
- Carefully lift the fan housing and place the power cord through the center of the base.
- Lower the fan housing into the base, align the back of the fan with the back of the base. Gently rotate the fan housing until it is seated in the base.
- Take the locking nut and place power cord through the locking nut bringing locking nut up inside the base, screw the locking nut onto the fan housing turning clockwise (by turning to the Right) until fully tightened and an audible ratcheting is heard.
Securing the cord inside the base:
- Gently place the fan on its side, pressing the cord securely into cord guides along the inside of fan base, exiting through the notched opening ensuring a flat and stable base for the fan.
- Place 2 thumb screws into the base for added stability.
- Return the tower fan to its upright position. Note: Do not operate the tower fan unless it is in its proper, upright position.
8 Customer Reviews
4.6 Overall rating
Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan - White, HYF260W Reviews
For the most part we really enjoy the fan. The 5 power settings were perfect for us and it is quiet as advertised. The big issue we’ve had, which probably isn’t a widespread issue, is the remote and fan work on the same frequency as the remotes for our LG television and our Roku. If the fan is in the same room or within view of those remotes it will inadvertently turn the fan on or off or affect the speed or oscillation. For that reason we have to keep the fan remote next to the other remotes. Despite that inconvenience it’s still a good fan.
Remote is convenient. Gets dirty fast. Lacks power and base became loose several weeks after first use and fan blade assembly seems wobbly.
I like it.... just one flaw
I like it, it works just as advertised. The settings are great and it keeps my room cool for me. My only issue is that it tends to turn on and off by itself even if I have a set to not turn off automatically and randomly changes the temperature setting. It does get annoying at times but I’d rather keep it because it’s does it job and I have the remote so I can just turn it back on adjust it
Great fan, but my mistake.
I love this fan, however when putting it together I accidentally threw away the red circle that you screw into the bottom to keep the fan attached to the base. Is there anyway I could get a new one of these?
Very pleased with the product
I love my fan. My problem is I need to replace my lost remote control. Can you point me in the right direction so that I can purchase a replacement remote?.
Hello, Brenda. We would suggest calling Honeywell's CS team for more info on how to land a replacement. The number is: 1 (877) 841-2840.
Whats the power rating in watts?
Whats the power rating in watts for this model as well as HYF290B?
Thanks for the question, Leo. Both are listed at 34 watts.
My new tower fan
I like the feature options , but It's not as powerful as I expected.
We're sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the power of the HY260W. May we suggest the HF-910
Best Fan Ever
divine -- have never enjoyed such an intelligent design -- quiet, fits in any corner
quick and easy purchase. I love the Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan. Would highly recommend!